- Betfair was founded in May 1999 by Andrew Black and Ed Wray.
- Betfair pioneered the betting exchange concept, allowing customers to bet at odds set by themselves or by other customers.
- Betfair is one of the world’s largest international online sports betting providers.
- Betfair holds gambling licences in Gibraltar, Malta, Italy, the United States and Tasmania.
- Betfair is committed to high standards of integrity and has agreed over 50 Memoranda of Understanding with sports governing bodies.
- Betfair offers the Betting Exchange, other sports betting products, casino games and poker to its customers.
- The Betting Exchange takes a commission on the net winnings of a customer in a given market of between 2 and 5%.
- Our blog sites are www.betting.betfair.com and www.betfairfootball.com.
- Betfair processes more than seven million transactions every day, more than all European stock exchanges combined.
- 99.9% of transactions are completed in under a second.
- Betfair has more than four million registered customers.
- There are more than seven billion page views of Betfair.com every week.
- Betfair is the 'Official Partner' of Ascot Racecourse.
You can view Betfair's Vital Statistics Inforgraphics here.
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Reader